What is Colloidal Oatmeal?aqicare
What is Colloidal Oatmeal?
Colloidal oatmeal (Avena sativa) is not your typical breakfast oats. Actually, it is not meant for eating. It is made from finely milled oats and processed to extract the colloidal material. Colloidal oatmeal is well known to soothe and relieve itch and irritation. The use of colloidal oatmeal is dated back centuries ago and in 1945, it is made available in the market in different forms (powder, gel, lotion, shampoo, soap).
Benefits of using colloidal oatmeal:
- It helps relieve dry skin patches, bug bites, sun burn and minor skin irritation.
- It helps alleviate itching rashes from chicken pox, poison ivy, etc.
- It also helps balance your skin’s pH level.
- It is also effective in helping skin conditions like rosacea, eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- It helps restore your skin’s natural moisture for softer and hydrated skin.
Nowadays, you can buy products with colloidal oatmeal as their main ingredient. You can see them in shampoo, soap and lotion. You can also use colloidal oatmeal in your bath. Most skin care products in the market have harsh chemical ingredients that will trigger different kinds of skin problems. Natural products with colloidal oatmeal are very essential to everyone especially to those who have sensitive skin. It is recommended to those who have sensitive skin to use natural products to minimize skin irritations.
Find out more about our natural skin care products with colloidal oatmeal here.